This post is a translated version of a part of Mr. Salah's Montaser's article in the Ahram dating 13/1/07.
The Egyptian is :
1) The one who understands in medicine, politics, sport & nearly everything.
2) Who talks with his/her guests on thier way out more than they have talked during their stay.
3) Piles empty jars in his/her kitchen throughout the years & never stops to collect more.
4) Keeps plastic bags underneath his/her bed mattress.
5) Arrives late for an hour or more at any appointment & doesn't apologise for that.
6) On having international phone calls, raises his/her voice assuming that the other party would hear better.
7) Pays 2 extra pounds for transportation to buy an item that is 1 pound cheaper.
8) Who makes fun of him/herself, his/her family, the government & the country ; but can't withstand anyone to make fun him/her or any other Egyptian.
p.s: In case you read the original text, I apologize for the poor translation.